Consider these questions:
|Do you want to hire competent, capable high performers?||Yes||No|
|Do you want your new hires to have significant work experience?||Yes||No|
|Do you want trained workers in the fields for which you are hiring?||Yes||No|
|Do you want leaders within their area of expertise?||Yes||No|
|Do you want mature, disciplined, respectful applicants?||Yes||No|
|Do you want employees who have proven personal performance capabilities?||Yes||No|
Assuming you want all of the above characteristics to be present in your new hires; select a veteran. Veterans have “real world” experience working in teams, taking orders, planning for performance, being accountable, maintaining personal discipline, and participating in ongoing training /learning activities. They also ramp up to speed quickly based on their “open to learning” bias gained from the military.
Some additional benefits you receive when you certify as a Military Talent Employer are:
- The credibility gained from veterans and your community as an employer genuinely committed to employing veterans.
- A competitive edge in recruitment of veterans who prefer CMTE employers.
- A nice add to your Affirmative Action Plans.
- If you’re a Non-Profit Organization it could serve as an attraction to funders.
- Support from NEOVETS providing best practice suggestions and assistance focused on veteran recruiting, selection, development and retention.
So, “Hire a Vet, It’s a sure bet!” says, Admiral Mullen, retired Joint Chiefs of Staff.
Visit our website and schedule to attend a free NEOVETS Conference or Workshop focused on attracting and retaining veterans in Northeast Ohio.