WHERE WE COME FROM
We are currently a second generation, pseudo-third generation company. Our maternal grandfather, Joe Bugyi, operated a company (Bug-Eye Transportation – “Bug-Eye” is the pronunciation of our grandfather’s last name) as a division for Refrigerated Transport Co (RTC.) In 1977 he called our father, Ed Jr. an engineer for Dana Corp, asking for a referral. He needed to open a truck terminal in Toledo and he was wondering if our father could suggest anyone. Ed Jr. called him back a week later and replied, “Me, and I need to give Dana three weeks notice!”
THE FOUNDING OF NAGLE TRUCKING
Our parents, Ed and Joanne, opened the terminal in 1977 at the “Toledo 5”, Union 76 truck stop. When our grandfather decided to close his company our mother and father talked with their sons, Ed III and Steve, to see if we would be interested in joining them as they started a new company. They had a customer base and a following of trucks. Nagle Line, Inc. started as an agent for Mid American Transport div of RTC. Under growing pressure from our customers we obtained our Brokerage Authority in 1988, then our Contract and Common Authority under Nagle Toledo, Inc. in 1989.
Nagle Companies Shares Current Job Opportunities as of 5/26/2016.
Click on the link(s) below to explore the opportunities and apply.
OVER THE ROAD (OTR) DRIVERS
Certified Military Talent Employer (CMTE) Profile
- Designated a NEOVETS Certified Military Talent Employer in 2015
- Has a Veteran Resource Group
- Accepts Referrals from CMTE Partners and NEOVETS
- Trained Military Recruiter
- Leadership is Trained in USERRA
- CMTE Coordinator is a Veteran
- Formalized Veteran Outreach Program
- Adopts a Military Leave Policy
- Trains Nagle Companies non-veterans about national guard and reserve duty to improve relations
- Adopts distinct Veteran onboarding program
- Provides constructive and meaningful feedback to NEOVETS about referrals’ applications and interviews
- Geographic Locations: Headquartered in Walbridge, Ohio.
- Coming Soon: View a Veteran’s Testimonial About the Nagle Companies Veteran Culture