The John A. Spitzer Center at Lorain County Community College
Lorain County Community College was granted a charter to serve Lorain County’s higher education needs on July 15, 1963. In 1964, the citizens of Lorain County supported a 1.25 mil levy to provide funding for their college. That same year, the Lorain School of Technology was incorporated into LCCC, and the first classes were held in the summer in rented facilities. In its first fall of operation, 1,006 students registered for credit classes at LCCC. In 1966, LCCC moved to its current location on North Abbe Road, in Elyria, making LCCC the first community college in Ohio to have a permanent campus.
Please click on the link below. A new window will redirect you to the Lorain County Community College Careers page. Leave that page open. In the CMTE Inquiry form below, you will be able to inform our Lorain County Community College CMTE Coordinator that you have expressed interest in as many as three roles. You can even alert us when you submit an application for employment in the CMTE Referral form.
Certified Military Talent Employer (CMTE) Profile
- Designated a NEOVETS Certified Military Talent Employer in 2015
- Has a Veteran Resource Group
- Accepts Referrals from CMTE Partners and NEOVETS
- Trained Military Recruiter
- Leadership is Trained in USERRA
- CMTE Coordinator is a Veteran
- Formalized Veteran Outreach Program
- Adopts a Military Leave Policy
- Trains Lorain County Community College non-veterans about national guard and reserve duty to improve relations
- Adopts distinct Veteran onboarding program
- Provides constructive and meaningful feedback to NEOVETS about referrals’ applications and interviews
- Geographic Locations: Elyria, Ohio
- Coming Soon: View a Veteran’s testimonial about our culture.
Use the form below to submit an inquiry directly to the LC3 CMTE™ Coordinator.
2017 Press Releases
Posted January 23, 2017
LCCC Norton Culinary Arts Center to Host Regional Culinary Competition
Posted January 12, 2017
Information Session on Real Estate Program at LCCC
Posted January 10, 2017
LCCC President Marcia Ballinger Named Co-Chair of the Ohio Articulation & Transfer Network
Posted January 3, 2017
Express Registration for Spring Semester, Classes Start Jan. 17